Metropolitan regions are engines of social, economic and cultural development with good European and international accessibility and which also influence surrounding areas. At any rate, that’s the official definition. But in addition, we also have a clear vision for the Central Germany Metropolitan Region. By 2020, we intend Central Germany to become one of the most attractive and innovative economic, scientific and cultural regions in Europe where dynamic growth is combined with a high quality of life. CGMR works towards this objective by means of numerous projects involving collaboration among key players.
Central Germany Metropolitan Region
“Metropolitan regions are engines of social, economic and cultural development with good European and international accessibility and which also influence surrounding areas.”
Ministerial Conference on Regional Planning, 1995
“By 2020, Central Germany is to become one of the most attractive and innovative economic regions in Europe where dynamic growth is combined with a high quality of life.”
- We are the interregional action platform bringing together the private sector, local authorities, business chambers and professional associations as well as universities and research centres from Central Germany within a pioneering private-public partnership.
- We strengthen interregional communication and enhance the region’s image.
- We develop projects for the sustainable growth of innovation and competitiveness.
- We are the drivers for an efficient, responsible economic, scientific and cultural region in Central Germany.
Fields of Action / Projects
- Enhancing Central Germany’s image / Marketing for Central Germany, EXPO REAL: Metropolitan Region stand
- Promoting innovation / IQ Innovation Award, HYPOS industry project
- Strengthening strengths / Initiating clusters in Central Germany (chemical industry, automotive, solar, IT)
- Skilled workers and executives / Graduate fair in Central Germany
- Sustainability and family-friendly environment / Project V-Factor – Doing Business Responsibly in Central Germany
- Transport and infrastructure / Metropolitan Area Ticket Project
- Culture and tourism / Guide to Culture in Central Germany
Aktuelle Veranstaltungen aus Wirtschaft und Wissenschaft sowie kulturelle und sportliche Events in und aus Mitteldeutschland finden Sie hier.